Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Message for the Seventh

Obey Out is pleased that there will be a Republican running against Obey in 2006. O.O. will make an official endorsement of a Republican, but not today. However, we do believe that as of today, one candidate is showing more promise.

We are also concerned about this page on Jeff Tyberg's website. In it, he talks about how he has been sharing his "message of hope" with the Seventh District. It's a great message, but Tyberg didn't come up with it on his own. At an August meeting of County Chairman in Ashland, both Tyberg and Nick Reid spoke, and O.O. was there. Tyberg gave a fine speech, but O.O. can report, "hope" was not the theme of that speech. Instead, "hope" was the theme of Nick Reid's speech. For O.O., this doesn't speak well of Tyberg.

If immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, than Tyberg must believe that Nick Reid is the best candidate for Congress because he's copying his material.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all due respect to Obey Out, and I agree with your premise, I will quote an email that I sent out for Memorial Day, 2005, "My life of service on a personal level has given me a unique background from which to serve the people of the 7th. I understand the hardships of poverty and I also understand the power of hope.

With hope and hard work, we will take back our district, and we'll join the growing majority in the fight to take back our country!"

I hope you'll be in Ashland again on November 5th, and we can discuss the issues in detail.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the August meeting in Ashland as well, and I'll have to agree with Obey Out, hope was not part of Tyberg's message at all, but it was the main theme that Nick Reid delivered that day.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home